2023 update: Due to seasonal high demand, supply shortages and the general growth of e-commerce, delivery time across Canada if often hard to predict. Some of our warehouses have many orders going out each day, and so during busy seasons especially (Spring/Fall) there can be anywhere from a few days to even a week or more delay during peak times before your shipment leaves. Some orders such as our custom sized large high tunnel greenhouse frames can take 2 or 3 weeks or our Kootenay Steel and Wood Carports which are custom welded and powdercoated may take a 6 to 10 weeks.
We can not guarantee any specific delivery dates since there are too many variables. Don't panic, the freight company will always call you prior to delivery to ensure you are home.
NOTE: If you need an item by a certain date quickly (e.g. within a few days anywhere in Canada) then maybe you should buy at a retail store vs online since we simply can't ship that quickly. We generally sell prepackaged kits at large discounts vs retail.
We won't know which trucking company will be used until after shipping (we use Freightcom.com to select the best rates/shipper). Trucking companies are very stressed, and partial orders (called "split shipments") missing or delayed shipments and damaged boxes happen often (that is the job of packaging!).
Due to liability issues, shippers will not move boxes around your property. They will also often require customers to help unload boxes from the truck if they do not have a lift gate (many do not). Always inspect your items upon arrival and if you think you have received items incorrectly, please email us at email@example.com with your Order #, shipping address, name of item and size, and a list missing parts #s. If you have badly damaged parts, we need photos and part #s in order to replace them. You can get part #s from the manual found at our online product listings.
NOTE: Items will be often be scratched or scuffed during transit, that happens often during shipping so we only will only replace items with significant damage. You can always buy a clear sealant at your hardware store to prevent rust or oxidization. If a part is bent, then try bending it back. In some cases we maybe able to supply touch up paint.
Shipping surcharges may be added accordingly based on weight and distance to delivery address at checkout. "Free shipping" is a myth, someone always has to pay for it. We try to cover a portion of it but the customer needs to also, especially when shipping heavy items across the country. Boxes will get damaged (that is their job) and items will go missing or partial/split shipments will occur, that is normal. We will do our best to track down your shipment.
Contact us with your postal code for the lowest custom quote to your shipping address. We often can provide shipping included in the price on light-weight items close to our warehouses. However, weight surcharges will be applied for heavier items.
Products from Grizzly Shelter Ltd. and listed manufacturers are subject to some delivery restrictions, seasonal delays and surcharges due to busy periods and heavy weights. Please proceed to checkout to see if extra shipping or weight charges will apply.
Delivery to the three northern Canadian territories of Nunavut, Northwest Territories and the Yukon is not always available. Delivery to some regions or islands may require delivery to the closest town, city or terminal vs the household or final requested address. You may have to pay the shipper directly to deliver it from the terminal etc..
Generally trucks will deliver only to the curbside or end of your driveway, and may not unload or bring items onto your property due to liability. Carriers will do their best to call to set up a delivery time with you. Extraordinary delivery requirements (such as a lift gate to unload) may necessitate an additional fee to the carrier which you will have to pay. The estimated delivery time varies greatly depending on location. Spring and Fall busy periods, backorders or out of stocks may add days or weeks to delivery.
1. Your item may be shipped to a local delivery terminal or directly to your address. The shipping company selected will always call you at the number provided on your order, usually a day before or on the day of delivery (make sure you provided the right one, or contact us with a correction).
2. The delivery terminal will call you when your item arrives to schedule a delivery appointment. Deliveries are generally made between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday and will be scheduled as a 4-hour window, but each company is different, and our distributors book the deliveries, not us so we often won't know the name of the delivery company until after it arrives at your address. If we get online tracking prior to delivery, we will email it to you (or text if no email provided).
3. Your item may be delivered on a lift gate truck, however you may have to break-down the skid into boxes on the truck and move onto your properly also. Note, drivers are not insured to move items on or around your property, and often don't have mechanical lift gates to lower the skid to the ground from the truck.
4. Upon delivery please inspect your item(s). You will be required to sign a Proof of Delivery receipt. Please note any damage to the item or packaging on the delivery receipt or, if refusing delivery due to damage please note refused due to damage on this receipt.
5. A signature is required for all deliveries; the driver is unable to complete delivery without a signed delivery receipt.
6. Extraordinary delivery conditions may require an additional fee to be paid.
7. Please include a daytime phone number in the shipping information at the time of checkout.
8. Some merchandise is too large or too heavy to ship via package carriers. Contracted freight companies deliver this merchandise. These companies telephone you when your merchandise arrives at their terminal to set up a convenient delivery appointment time. These companies provide curbside delivery. The carrier is not responsible for bringing the merchandise into your home, uncrating, installing or removing packing materials.
9. Any returned items where a refund is requested must be shipped at the customer's cost back to one of our warehouses. See our Return Policy for more.